Autism Resource Network
267 Waxwing Drive
Traverse City, MI 49686
231 668 7394
Contact: Marlowe Franklin
Autism Society of Michigan
1213 Center Street
Lansing, MI 48906
517 882 2800
800 223 6722
Fax: 517 882 2816
Contact: President Carolyn Gammicchia
- The Autistic Children’s Treatment Network, in Bingham Farms, is a day camp for
children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
- Horizons Developmental Remediation Center, in Caledonia, has summer
programs for children with autism and related impairments.
- Grand Haven Attention Camp is a day-treatment camp for families with school
age children with ADHD.
- Camp Quality has several camping experiences as well as a year-round support
program for children with cancer.
- Life Horse for the Kids, in Ortonville, helps terminally and chronically ill children
under the age of 21 find happiness and companionship through emotional and
spiritual healing using the horse.
- Eric RicStar Winter Music Therapy Camp, in East Lansing, is a day camp for all
persons with special needs and their siblings.
- Learning on the Log, in Traverse City, runs a summer camp program, as well as
after school and Saturday programs. They strive to increase children’s expressive
and receptive relationship to the world around them. Everyone needs these
elements to reach their maximum potential as equal participants in the world.
- The Children’s’ Therapy Corner, in Midland, offers therapy programs for kids on
the autism spectrum.
- Camp Fowler has year round programs for handicapped children, teens, and
adults starting at a long weekend to two weeks long. Contact: The Fowler Center,
2315 Harmon Lake Road, Mayville, MI 48744. Phone: (517) 673-2050. Able Abe’s Summer Camp – day camp for children with special needs ages 4 – 10 years in Birmingham, MI (suburb of Detroit). Small, therapeutic environment with physical, occupational, and speech therapists on staff. Can register for one to six weeks. For more information call 248-855-0030.
- The Abilities Center also sponsors summer intensive therapy services for people
who come to the Birmingham area from out of town. A few days to 2 week stays
can be arranged with an individualized therapy program established based on the
needs of the child and family. Family education an integral part of the program.
Specially trained in NDT, Sensory Integration, Interactive Metronome,
Therapeutic Listening, Craniosacral Therapy, Fast Forword, and more. Call for